Furry's Lair
March 28, 2024, 05:10:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Furry's Lair. We are currently setting things up

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Speculation and Suggestions

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation and Suggestions  (Read 421 times)
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »

I may post little spoilers about the game. You can speculate here and post ideas

It involves two player groups that compete so instead of a free for all PvE where player can group up you have two groups of player that overall compete in PvP but will do lots of PvE missions to build up their side. They can work together in large groups for a higher chance of success in one mission or can split up to work on more missions at once which will have a lower chance of success for each mission but overall could build up advantage faster and thus gain advantage in the PvP battle but losing it in the PvE. There will also be lots of opportunities for roleplaying and such instead of straight up combat.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Richard Dawkins
The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
Quote from: Kayin
Banned and faggoted.
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

I put the 'sting' in 'interesting'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »

inb4yourecycletheplotIhadfortheareainYBAQthatwasneverused
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:36:38 pm »

I forgot it and it was deleted

also, I've got some stuff to mention bout the workings of this but I don't have time to type it up now

btw I resized your avatar for you. I disabled the auto-resize function since it fucked up my parrot and I was lazy
Report Spam   Logged

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
Banned and faggoted.
LiquidRidicule
Trainers
Civilian

I put the ''rage'' in beverage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:48:07 pm »

I speculate that my character's backstory will overshadow every other character and I will become a God.
Report Spam   Logged
Not Evan20000
Civilian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »

I speculate I will nuke some shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »

I forgot it and it was deleted
I think I may still have the notes on this computer somewhere if you want them. I remember seeing the map in my Imageshack a while ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »

You can recycle them for something else if you want. If you don't I can take a look at it
Report Spam   Logged

Banned and faggoted.
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »

HOLY SHIT I HAVE SO MUCH AWESOME SHIT IN MY ARCHIVES

I HAVEN'T LOOKED IN HERE IN WAY TOO LONG

FUCK FINDING THOSE NOTES THIS SHIT IS AWESOME
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »

This thread is now a dump for Venser's archives
you may proceed to dump
Report Spam   Logged

Banned and faggoted.
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 08:28:00 pm »

There's a lot of stuff in here I can't/won't dump, like my IWBTP notes, IWBTP saves, archived Facebook conversations, a picture of the cover of CoD: MW with my face photoshopped onto the guy, some EM threads I've archived, notes on some other things I can't talk about...

But I will post a few things. Here's my list of puns. I'd spoiler them since there are so fucking many, but I can't, so fuck that.

When I bought some fruit trees the nursery owner gave me some insects to help with pollination. They were free bees.
The astronomer's research project didn't win him the coveted Galaxy Award, but he did receive a constellation prize.
The dentist's alibi was full of holes, so the police performed a cavity search.
Over the years elevators have had their fair share of ups and downs in terms of popularity, but thankfully the idea has not been shafted.
I'm always breaking into song - I can never find the right key.
The plumber explained that the problem in my kitchen was just water under the fridge.
A girl saw a herd of llamas. Her father said, 'We could stop and dally there.' She said, 'Alpaca suitcase.'
There was a shootout in The Gap. There were many casual-tees.
I could not pull out of my parking space, so I used my back up plan.
She's happy to make a pair of pants for you, or at least sew its seams.
After having a knee dislocated and an elbow fractured in two barroom brawls Bradley should have learned to stay away from those joints.
A thousand dogs were stolen from a pet shop on Saturday. Police say they have no leads.
A friend told me he dug a hole in my backyard and filled it with water. I thought he meant well.
I got a deal on a new computer, and they threw in the operating system to boot.
When the knight logged onto his computer there was the message, 'You got mail.' It was a chain letter.
In a recession, the most secure job is garbage-man. Business is always picking up.
Police found a criminal shot to death with exit wounds but no entry wounds. It was an inside job.
A hungry traveler stops at a monastery and is taken to the kitchens. A brother is frying chips. 'Are you the friar?' he asks. 'No. I'm the chip monk,' he replies.
I know a rancher who has 100 head of cattle, but he thought there were only 99 until he rounded them up.
I want ambiguity, or possibly something else.
Why was the ink drop sad? Because her dad was in the pen and she didn't know how long the sentence would be.
What does a villain call his silverware? Weapons of mass digestion.
I was going to start an Apathy Anonymous group, but why bother.
There is only one way to open the door and that is the key.
A wig van blew up on the motorway - police are combing the area.
The man who bought too much graphing paper didn't know where to draw the line.
The calculus teacher tried to keep his students on task, but the class discussion kept going off on tangents.
Opening a new funeral parlor can be quite an undertaking.
The man found something to catch fish, which was a net gain.
My friend had amnesia and couldn't remember how to walk up the stairs, so I had to go back and teach him step by step.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, but his summer didn’t go so well.
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.
We wanted to play a game of cards but we only had half a deck. It was no big deal.
If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
The butcher backed up into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
The dead batteries were given out free of charge.
For a while, Houdini used a lot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
A baker stopped making donuts after he got tired of the hole thing.
Every calendar's days are numbered.
I dropped out of my communism class because of lousy Marx.
A bank manager who was also a high jumper spent most of his time in the vault.
Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.
One-one was one racehorse: two-one was one too -- two-one won one race: one-one won one too.
Some people who cut hair can be quite barbarous.
A frightened dog that runs from everything should be called the Golden Retreater.
Thieves have muscles of steal.
Sign at a deer crossing: The Buck Stops Here.
The scorpion said to the desert, 'You know, our conversations are always so dry.'
The 'Star Wars' character was nicknamed 'Coffee'. His real name was Java the Cup.
The inventor of rope built a very large hempire.
An archaeologist's career ended in ruins.
If you want to make really good soap you've to to raise the bar.
When traveling between Russia and Alaska, you first must get your Bering Strait.
In order to talk to a viking you need to know Norse code.
Some hospitals have to cut coroners.
A dog who played baseball always got walked.
If you don't fix the plumbing for your shower properly you could be in a lot of hot water.
When thunderstorms felt that they weren't getting paid enough, they went on a lightning strike.
When purchasing soap if you buy two and get one free that's a bar-gain.
The coach didn’t let him play all season. The result was a new benchmark.
The poet had written better poems, but he had also written verse.
What do you mean you can’t tuna fish? Just adjust its scales.
A man stole a case of soap from the corner store. Police say he made a clean getaway.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

all you can post is a list of puns?
Report Spam   Logged

Banned and faggoted.
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »

I haven't gotten through all of it. A lot of it is stuff that isn't interesting to people who aren't me, or stuff I can't post here. I posted the CoD:MW picture on IWBTF, though. Here's some notes for a theoretical mafia game I was planning, it will never play out now.

Mod Notes
Roles:
Name: Voltaire
Allegiance: Capitalist
Power: During the night, Voltaire may write a letter to a player regarding ideals of capitalism, free trade, and free speech. If that player is sided with the communists or the fascists, their role power will be blocked for the night. If that player is sided with the capitalists, their role power is unblockable for the night.
Win condition: Capitalist win (Communists and fascists eliminated)

Name: Karl Marx
Allegiance: Communist
Power: Marx begins writing The Communist Manifesto when the game starts. On [hidden], Marx finishes writing. When The Communist Manifesto is finished, one random Generic Capitalist is converted into a Generic Communist. While writing The Communist Manifesto, Marx cannot kill using the Communist kill by himself; another Communist must be alive to make the kill.
Win condition: Communist win (Communists equal to or more than the number of other players remaining)

Name: Stalin
Allegiance: Communist
Power: [hidden]
Win condition: Communist win (Communists equal to or more than the number of other players remaining)

Name: Hitler
Allegiance: Fascist
Power: Once per game, during the night, Hitler may order an extermination instead of naming a kill. If he does, the Fascists do not kill during that night, and two non-Fascist players will be killed at random. Using the extermination will reveal the dead players as ‘exterminated’, not simply killed.
Win condition: Fascist win (Fascists equal to or more than the number of other players remaining)

Name: Machiavelli
Allegiance: [hidden]
Win condition: [hidden]

Name: Mussolini
Allegiance: Fascist
Power: If Mussolini is lynched, the following day, two players of Mussolini’s choosing become unlynchable. These player’s names are revealed to the town.
Win condition: Fascist win (Fascists equal to or more than the number of other players remaining)

Name: JP Morgan
Power: Each night, JP Morgan may use his massive reserves of cash to have private investigators investigate someone’s allegiance.
Win condition: Capitalist win (Communists and fascists dead)

Name: George Washington
Win condition: Capitalist win (Communists and fascists dead)

Name: Plato
Allegiance: Self (Third Party)
Power: Plato may choose to teach about love, knowledge, or reality each night. If choosing to teach about love, two random players will be protected from killing that night. If choosing to teach about knowledge, a random non-fascist player will gain the ability to investigate allegiance the next night. If choosing to teach about reality, Plato will be unaffected by night actions that night. Plato may only teach about reality once per game.
Win condition: [hidden]
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »

Holy shit that looks awesome
does [hidden] mean you're not revealing it? D:
Report Spam   Logged

Banned and faggoted.
Venser
God
Administrator
Explorer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:04 pm »

Hidden means I have it in the modsheet, but removed it from here just in case I ever use this role list.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Furry
Forum Overlord
Administrator
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »

FUUUUU
Report Spam   Logged

Banned and faggoted.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: